James joined Cameron Partners in 2015 as a Research Analyst Intern, then joined the team full time after graduating from Victoria University in March 2017.
Since joining Cameron Partners, James has worked on a number of engagements in the telecommunications, industrials and energy sectors. He has also provided analytical support on various other M&A transactions, capital raising and corporate advisory mandates across the food & beverage, healthcare and technology sectors.
James holds a Bachelor of Commerce (Bcom), majoring in finance and management, and a Masters degree in management (awarded with Distinction), from Victoria University of Wellington. Prior to joining Cameron Partners, James completed a markets internship with BNZ.
Selected assignments and transactions include advising:
- Serko on its NZ$47.5m placement to New Zealand and Australian institutions
- Air New Zealand on its NZ$900m debt facility agreement with the New Zealand Government
- Southern Cross Cable Network (SCCN) on the US$300m financing of the SXNext undersea cable
- The Fletcher Building board on the company’s $750m rights issue
- Mt Difficulty on the sale of its business to Foley Family Wines
- NZ Oil and & Gas on its takeover response
- The Gillies McIndoe Research Institute on cost modelling and philanthropic capital raisings
- Pacific Radiology Group in relation to its share trading scheme
- Partstrader Markets, in relation to a valuation of its business
- James has also undertaken significant work in the telecommunications industry