Thomas joined Cameron Partners in 2019. Thomas has a wide range of experience advising clients on their M&A, corporate finance and strategic advisory requirements, as well as originating and executing leveraged, acquisition and project financings for corporates and private equity sponsors.
Prior to joining Cameron Partners, Thomas worked at Westpac Institutional Bank in Auckland for 7 years. At Westpac, Thomas was a Senior Associate in the Corporate & Structured Finance team, specialising in leveraged, acquisition and project financing transactions. Before this, Thomas was an Associate in the Corporate Finance team, providing clients with M&A transaction, corporate strategy and capital structure advice.
Thomas holds a MAF (Applied Finance) and a BCA (Finance, Economics and Econometrics) from Victoria University of Wellington. Thomas is a CFA Charterholder.
Selected assignments and transactions include advising:
- Fertility Associates on the sale of a majority stake in the business
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan on the acquisition of Asia Pacific Healthcare Group for c.NZ$550m
- WEL Networks on the sale of Ultrafast Fibre for $854m
- Kinetic on the acquisition of Go Bus
- Southern Cross Cable Network (SCCN) on the US$300m financing of the SXNext undersea cable
- WEL Networks in relation to its capital management strategy and value maximisation options
- Dairy Holdings’ shareholders on the sale of a stake in the business to PSP Investments