Toby joined Cameron Partners in 2005. He has provided transaction, strategy and capital management advice across a wide range of sectors, including utilities and infrastructure, timberland, healthcare, consumer products and general industrials. Toby’s experience includes working with international and domestic listed companies, state-owned enterprises, pension, infrastructure and private equity funds, as well as co-operatively and privately owned organisations.
Prior to Cameron Partners, Toby worked in Hong Kong with investment bank Jardine Fleming Securities and international advisory firm Grant Thornton Corporate Finance. Toby began his career with New Zealand Dairy Board (now part of Fonterra) where he specialised in brand and business development in Latin America and Asia. Toby holds an MBA (with Distinction) from INSEAD, France, and an LLB / BCom from the University of Otago, New Zealand.
Selected assignments and transactions include advising:
- Evolution Healthcare on the sale of a majority stake in the business to Pacific Equity Partners
- Samling on the sale of Hikurangi Forest Farms
- Pedersen Group on the sale of its core Contracting Business to LINX Cargo Care
- Newell Brands on the acquisition of Sistema Plastics for NZ$660 million
- Hastings Fund Management on the sale of its ownership in Tiaki Plantations
- Colonial First State Global Asset Management on the acquisition of Vector Gas and the Maui Pipeline for NZ$952.5 million and $335 million respectively
- AsureQuality on the acquisition of Dairy Technical Services (Australia) in partnership with Bureau Veritas
- Danone on the acquisition of Sutton Group and Gardians’ dairy processing assets
- Synlait Farms on the sale of the business to Shanghai Pengxin for NZ$223m
- Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Authority (CERA), and the New Zealand Treasury, in relation to the Christchurch City rebuild following the 2011 Earthquake
- Queensland State Government on the sale of Forestry Plantations Queensland (A$613 million)