Hugh joined Cameron Partners in 2003. Hugh has advised a range of international and domestic corporates, publicly listed firms and private companies on asset sales, mergers and acquisitions, capital raisings and business valuations. He has recognised expertise in the food and beverage and industrial services sectors which are particularly strong in New Zealand.
Prior to joining Cameron Partners, Hugh joined Bankers Trust as a graduate and spent 10 years at Bankers Trust and Deutsche Bank in the their global markets division. Hugh has an MBA from Cambridge University and a BCom in Accounting and Finance from the University of Canterbury.
Selected assignments and transactions include advising:
- OM Financial on the sale of its retail business
- Hellers on the sale of its business to Adamantem Capital
- Smartfoods on a partial sale and capital raising with Pioneer Capital
- NZ Gourmet on a significant capital raising and partial sale
- Hansells on the sale of its business to Rank Group
- Hellers on the acquisition of Moira Mac’s
- Tuatara Shareholders on the sale of the craft brewing business to Heineken-owned DB Breweries
- Danone on the acquisition of Sutton Group and Guardians’ dairy processing assets
- Serko on its IPO listing on the NZX and subsequent capital raisings
- Contract Resources on the sale of its business to NZX listed Hellaby Holdings
- Energyworks on the sale of its business to Direct Capital
- Pernod Ricard on the divestment of Lindauer and other wine assets to Lion Nathan