Stephen began his career as an intern in Cameron Partners’ Wellington office in 2004. After spending five years at the firm he transferred to London to take a position with our global alliance partner, Rothschild & Co.
Over 10 years at Rothschild and Co., Stephen advised on numerous high profile transactions across the UK, Europe and the Middle East. Mandates he worked on ranged across M&A, capital raisings, IPOs and restructurings.
Stephen has particularly strong experience in the consumer, retail and leisure sectors and he has worked frequently with large global private equity firms. For the last two years at Rothschild & Co he co-led the management of Rothschild and Co’s London Consumer, Retail and Leisure Group.
Stephen re-joined Cameron Partners as a Partner in early 2020.
Stephen holds a BCA from Victoria University of Wellington.
Selected assignments and transactions include advising:
- Delivereasy in relation to the sale of a minority shareholding
- Serko on a NZ$67.5m capital raising
- House of Fraser on the sale to Sports Direct plc (£90m)
- Midlothian Capital on the acquisition of PGL from Cox & Kings (£467m)
- The shareholders of Euro Garages on the merger with EFR Group (€3bn)
- Midlothian Capital on the acquisition of Dobbies Garden Centres (£217m)
- Issa brothers in relation to its disposal of 40% of Euro Garages to TDR Capital (£1.3bn)
- BoD on the sale of Poundland plc to Steinhoff (£597m)
- Arora family on the sale of a majority stake in B&M Retail to CD&R (£1.2bn)
- Arora family on the IPO of B&M, the UKs largest ever retail IPO (£2.7bn)
- Iceland Foods management on its acquisition of the business from a consortium of banks (£1.4bn)
- JAB on the acquisition of Jimmy Choo from TowerBrook (£550m)
- Prior to joining Rothschild & Co and while at Cameron Partners previously, Stephen advised corporates such as Fonterra, Contact Energy, KiwiRail and he also worked on the original Xero IPO