Stephen re-joined Cameron Partners in 2020. Over the last decade Stephen has advised on numerous high profile transactions across the UK, Europe and the Middle East. Mandates have ranged from M&A advice, capital raisings, IPO and restructurings. Stephen has a strong knowledge in consumer, retail, leisure and private equity.
Stephen has 15 years experience in investment banking with Cameron Partners and its global alliance partner, Rothschild & Co. Stephen began his career as an intern in Cameron Partners’ Wellington office 15 years ago and after spending five years at the firm he transferred to London to take a position with Rothschild & Co. For the last two years at Rothschild & Co he co-led the management of the London Consumer, Retail and Leisure Group. Stephen holds a BCA from Victoria University of Wellington.
Selected assignments and transactions include advising:
- House of Fraser on the sale to Sports Direct plc (£90m)
- Midlothian Capital on the acquisition of PGL from Cox & Kings (£467m)
- The shareholders of Euro Garages on the merger with EFR Group (€3bn)
- Midlothian Capital on the acquisition of Dobbies Garden Centres (£217m)
- Issa brothers in relation to its disposal of 40% of Euro Garages to TDR Capital (£1.3bn)
- BoD on the sale of Poundland plc to Steinhoff (£597m)
- Arora family on the sale of a majority stake in B&M Retail to CD&R (£1.2bn)
- Arora family on the IPO of B&M, the UKs largest ever retail IPO (£2.7bn)
- Iceland Foods management on its acquisition of the business from a consortium of banks (£1.4bn)
- JAB on the acquisition of Jimmy Choo from TowerBrook (£550m)
- Prior to joining Rothschild & Co and while at Cameron Partners previously, Stephen advised corporates such as Fonterra, Contact Energy, KiwiRail and he also worked on the original Xero IPO