Paul joined Cameron Partners in Wellington in 1996. In 2000 he moved north and established the firm’s Auckland office. He has led Cameron Partners teams across a wide variety of M&A transactions and capital management mandates. Paul has particular expertise derived from advising several New Zealand cooperatives in regard to evolving capital structure. He has also led many high-value, complex negotiations on behalf of clients. These have covered long term energy contracts, commodity supply contracts, outsourcing arrangements and PPP contracts.
Prior to joining Cameron Partners, Paul was a senior executive at Telecom New Zealand where he was responsible for international business development. Paul has a BCom and post-grad diploma in commerce from the University of Otago and an MSc (Finance) with Distinction from the University of London.
Selected assignments and transactions include advising:
- Southern Cross Cable Network (SCCN) on the US$300m financing of the SXNext undersea cable
- Tilt Renewables on the unsolicited takeover from Infratil and Mercury
- WINC Australia and Platinum Equity on the sale of WINC New Zealand
- Zespri Group Limited in relation to valuation and share issuance and buyback proposals
- HEB Construction on the sale of the business to VINCI Construction
- TR Group on a partial sale, equity raising and the establishment of new syndicated debt facilities
- The Board and Shareholders of Foodstuffs Auckland and Wellington in relation to their merger
- Fletcher Building on the sale of its subsidiary company Corys Electrical
- The Directors of The Warehouse on the acquisition of Noel Leeming Group
- Suncorp on the divestment of The New Zealand Guardian Trust
- Waterfront Auckland on the development of the Wynyard Quarter Precinct
- Fonterra on the development and IPO of the Fonterra Shareholders Fund
- Silver Fern Farms on changes to its constitution and shareholder/supplier policies