Ben joined Cameron Partners in 2018. He has advised on a wide variety of M&A transactions and capital management mandates. Sectors that Ben has strong experience in include agriculture (particularly forestry and dairy industries), consumer products, general industrials, and infrastructure. He has worked with international and domestic listed companies, pension funds, private equity, and privately owned organisations.
Ben has over 11 years’ experience in investment banking at top tier global investment banks based in Sydney and Auckland. Prior to joining Cameron Partners, Ben spent 5 years at UBS in New Zealand as a Director in its investment banking team and prior to that worked at ABN AMRO and Deutsche Bank in Sydney. Ben is a CFA Charterholder and holds an LLB and BCom from the University of Otago, New Zealand.
Selected assignments and transactions while at Cameron Partners include advising:
- Independent Directors of Augusta Capital on its response to the takeover offer from Centuria
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan on the acquisition of Asia Pacific Healthcare Group for c.NZ$550m
- CHAMP Ventures on the sale of its stake in TR Group
- Dairy Holdings’ shareholders on the sale of a stake in the business to PSP Investments
- Samling Group on the sale of Hikurangi Forest Farms
- The Independent Directors of Tilt Renewables on its unsolicited takeover offer
- The Board of Fletcher Building on its NZ$750m secondary capital raising
- Serko on its placement to institutional investors in Australia and New Zealand
- Pedersen Group on the sale of its Australasian Contracting Business